Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move from Roku to Regular cable without unplugging Roku

Jump to solution

How do I move from Roku back to my regular cable channels without unplugging Roku?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't move from Roku to Regular cable without unplugging Roku

Jump to solution

Hi, @mustanggramps.

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We see that you want to watch your regular Cable channels without unplugging your Roku. We'd be happy to provide assistance.

To switch the TV inputs, you can use the original remote control that came with your TV. The process for changing inputs may vary depending on the TV model, so it's best to consult the user guide that came with your TV. The user guide will provide specific instructions on how to change the TV inputs tailored to your TV model. To learn more about changing TV inputs on your TV, you may refer to this support FAQ. What should I do to change the TV inputs on my TV?

Don't forget to ask for further assistance if needed.

All the best
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Typically, you use a button on your TV remote with a label such as “input” or “source” (exact wording or icon depends on the TV brand.)  (I say “typically” because if you have an AVR or an HDMI switch, then you’ll use their remotes.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mustanggramps.

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We see that you want to watch your regular Cable channels without unplugging your Roku. We'd be happy to provide assistance.

To switch the TV inputs, you can use the original remote control that came with your TV. The process for changing inputs may vary depending on the TV model, so it's best to consult the user guide that came with your TV. The user guide will provide specific instructions on how to change the TV inputs tailored to your TV model. To learn more about changing TV inputs on your TV, you may refer to this support FAQ. What should I do to change the TV inputs on my TV?

Don't forget to ask for further assistance if needed.

All the best
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.