Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NP_Smith
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra or Roku Premier +

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a used Roku device that came in a box identified as "Roku Ultra" but looking at device, it was identified as "Roku Premier +" (model: 4630X).  Was I scammed?

Note: I was dismayed to see a lack of USB input.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NP_Smith
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra or Roku Premier +

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info.  On further examination, I've discovered the device is a Premier +, not the Ultra although the device was presented in the Ultra box.  It had the purple earphones which appeared to be unused but the remote did not have a plug for the earphones.  I guess I got hosed but I didn't pay that much for it and I'm sure my brother will appreciate it.  Buyer Beware!!!

Thanks again for the info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NP_Smith 

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

Please be advised that Roku Ultra is different from Roku Premiere+. You can refer to our link for further details about Roku streaming devices.

In addition, here's our Support link for further details about Roku streaming devices that support the latest Roku OS software.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, let us know, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly-

The page you sent him to, Roku streaming devices, only covers the current models offered by Roku.  It won't tell him anything about an earlier model like a Premiere (the last of which hasn't been in the line since 2020 or so), or what is probably an older Ultra model claimed by the box it came in.

@NP_Smith-

This Wikipedia chart will give you the particulars of virtually all Roku models back to the beginning.

There have been a number of Ultra models since the the Ultra 4640 was first introduced as Roku's top of the line model in 2016.  Without knowing which Ultra model the box claims, it will be hard to make good comparison.

Your Premiere 4360 was also released in 2016.  It is actually a Premiere+, a step above the Premiere 4620 released at the same time.  It is nicely equipped with an Ethernet port, dual band WiFi (subsequent Premiere models only had single band WiFi), a point-anywhere WiFi remote with an earphone jack for remote listening, and a micro SD slot for adding to the channel memory, all features shared with the Ultra 4640.  It has the same processor as the Ultra 4640, but half the Ultra's 1 GB built-in memory for storing channels.  It lacks the Ultra 4640's optical audio output, and Voice remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
NP_Smith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info.  On further examination, I've discovered the device is a Premier +, not the Ultra although the device was presented in the Ultra box.  It had the purple earphones which appeared to be unused but the remote did not have a plug for the earphones.  I guess I got hosed but I didn't pay that much for it and I'm sure my brother will appreciate it.  Buyer Beware!!!

Thanks again for the info.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @NP_Smith 

Thanks for the follow up.

From whom did you purchase the Roku device? Can you provide us with photos of the device and the box that it was contained in?

With more detailed information, we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.