Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Couple of things to mention if you are experiencing the no signal issue:

1) Please make sure you are powering the Roku device to a wall outlet and not through the TV USB port.

2) We would recommend trying to connect the device to another HDMI input to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

In addition, try switching the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku device if your device is connected through cable. Customers have reported that their TV was able to detect the Roku device when using a higher speed HDMI cable. 

If you are using a Roku Streaming Stick, we would recommend trying to connect the device to a HDMI extender. You can order a free HDMI extender on our Support page here: https://my.roku.com/hdmi

3) For troubleshooting purposes, you should trying connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, then please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device falong with a summary of the issue you are experiencing and the troubleshooting steps you have done. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lgraham123

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, I'm having the same issue with my LG TVs.  I bought 3 Roku sticks this year for 3 LG TVs all the same model and haven't been able to get any of them to work.

-Roku model and number - Roku streaming stick +  (where do i find the model number?)  SKU: 3810R
-Roku device/serial number (found on the device) - Device ID: 213064196187
-what TV brand and model number you are plugging the device into: LG Model: 24LF454B
-are you using an AVR in your setup? If so, what brand and model?  No.

Thank you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lgraham123 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will reach out and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

This is my problem also.  Has anyone gotten any valuable advice from ROKU as to how this problem can be corrected?  So frustrated right now - spent 4 hrs trying to troubleshoot the problem with no success.  Brand new streaming stick+ was set up and working great for a couple of hours - then I decided to switch back to watching a show on Direct TV.  After the Direct TV show, I tried to go back to the Roku, but that's when the "no signal" message showed up.  How can that be when it was working fine?  I took it back, and got a new streaming stick+ - same issue all over again.  Set up great, and worked for a couple of hours without any issue at all.  Then switched to watch Direct TV, and when I switched back to Roku, there is was again, the "no signal" message.  I total BS that you can't talk to a ROKU customer service rep either - the situation or not, plenty of people are working from home, and still using there phones to call on customers.

0 Kudos
Garrett_H

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I'm having the same issue of no signal as described in this thread.

Not sure if this is a PM to you or not. I want to confirm it is before gihjbg more info

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Garrett_H 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crene11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I fixed the issue, sort of. I troubleshoot it to the point that I was able to figure out that the Roku device needs a strong HDMI signal, preferably a newer HDMI port.I was trying to set it up on a 12 year old TV, HDMI but old. All of the ports were not getting a signal, but the fourth port was protected by an HDMI cable that had been plugged in there for years and that port luckily worked for me. I Roku also worked on my brand new TV in the living room, so this was how I was able to figure out what the issue was (old poor signal hdmi ports)

If that had not worked, my next plan was to purchase a HDMI to component adapter and try to run the Roku through the component connections on the TV. You can also try and HDMI extender. Any adapter that’s going to be a bridge between the Roku and the Tv. But first make sure the HDMI port youre trying works with your other devices at your home, so you can confirm it’s not bad. 

Good luck!

Crene 

0 Kudos
SJN
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, Thank you for the location where to order an extender.  I have spent two days following all of the instructions to correct this "No Signal" issue.  I pray that the extender works.  Thank you and best regards. Shirley N.

0 Kudos
SJN
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had no signal.  I requested a HDMI extension from Roku.  The extension arrived yesterday.  It works, I no longer have a problem.

0 Kudos
Rob2020
Reel Rookie

Re: No signal extender

Jump to solution

I would like to request an extender how do I do that? 

0 Kudos