Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
princessdive
Reel Rookie

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

I have a new Streaming Stick+ right out of the box. The device ID is 215083034324. It's plugged into a known working HDMI port on a Vizio TV, model M70-C3, and powered via the USB port. I started the setup process and it connected to the internet, then never finished the setup.

Now I'm getting the dreaded "no signal" message. When I turn the TV off and back on, I get a couple of the bouncing ROKU logos and then it immediately goes to "no signal".

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@princessdive 

Did you try the supplied power adapter?  Some TVs' USB ports don't supply enough power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sgrizzard13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do you mean?  Everything that came with it is plugged in. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sgrizzard13 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? You have yet to describe what you are seeing and what troubleshooting steps you have done to try to resolve the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skycrane

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

I recently bought and returned two Roku Streaming stick + from Amazon.  I tried them on all three TV's that my have Roku sticks.  I want to buy another Roku but don't want to have to return another on to Amazon.

Is there some problem with these sticks?  I've spent over 2 hours troubleshooting the new sticks and it normally takes less than 5 minutes to set up

Duane Dillingham

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Cdellis1956
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looks like nobody is getting an answer on this, from whoever “Danny” is. I give up. Taking mine back to Walmart. I’ve had several Roku’s in the past and have never had a problem. 

0 Kudos
Cdellis1956
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seriously? I think I speak for most of us when I say we are not using the USB on TV. If it were that easy we wouldn’t be wasting time on this forum. 

Cdellis1956
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot get Roku Premiere to do anything except show a flashing blue light

Jump to solution

Same exact problem with my new Roku Premier. Flashing blue lite, no signal. Yep tried all the HDMI ports, using the power adapter and HDMI cable that came with it. Never had any probs with Roku before. Prob my last. 

0 Kudos
Crene11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, My device is brand new, and I have not been able to complete set up because it continues to disconnect from the television. I got it to turn on just long enough to connect to my Internet wireless network which was successful, but then the device disconnected and tv displays “no signal”, Check power and everything is good, plugged it directly into the wall. Changed HDMI porch with the same result, can’t get the device to connect to my TV. Can someone please call me an help,  this is a brand new device

0 Kudos
princessdive
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I moved the device from my Vizio 70" TV to a Samsung TV and the device came up right away. I was able to finish the setup with no issues and it was working fine.

I moved the ROKU stick back to the original Vizio TV using a ROKU provided HDMI extender because I was having to uncomfortably wedge the stick into the HDMI port.  Using the extender, I couldn't even get a bouncing ROKU logo as I had the first time. I unplugged the extender from the ROKU stick and plugged the stick directly into one of the HDMI ports again and the device came up fine. I'm not happy with the way the stick is plugged in but at least it works. The extender was either defective or just doesn't work and caused a lot of frustration and wasted time.

0 Kudos