Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt97grad
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick no power, no light

I have 4 roku sticks and one died a year ago and another one just died this morning...It is plugged into the wall and not the USB port in the back of the TV.  No light and no power, TV doesn't even recognize anything is plugged into the HDMI.  Have anyone else have this issue and solution or is it just end of life for the streaming stick?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Stick no power, no light

Hi @gt97grad,

Thanks for taking the first post to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with your Roku device, and we'd like to take action. However, we need more details to determine if there are any options we can investigate further.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@gt97grad-

Roku Streaming Sticks are powered by a USB power adapter.  Adapters have been known to fail or get knocked out by power surges. Try an adapter from another device, as long as the fine print on it says it supplies 5 vdc at a minimum of 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
gt97grad
Reel Rookie

Thanks I used the power adapter to charge a portable battery and it works so I don’t think that’s it. Maybe the Roku itself is fried?  Hurricane Beryl did just go over our area and we lost power for a couple days. 

0 Kudos
gt97grad
Reel Rookie

Yes tried device in another TV and it didn’t work.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gt97grad,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the steps you took to resolve the issue. In this case, we recommend connecting the device to another HDMI input to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

In addition, if your Roku device is connected through a cable, try switching the HDMI cable. Customers have reported that their TV was able to detect the Roku device when using a higher-speed HDMI cable.

Lastly, we recommend connecting the device to an HDMI extender. You can order this from our Support page for a free HDMI extender.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please keep us posted.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gt97grad
Reel Rookie

I have tried both. Several different HDMI I have 4 and also a HDMI extender

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @gt97grad.

How long have you been using this device? Did you try connecting it to another TV's USB port to see if it makes any difference?

In the meantime, you can check out this support article for more troubleshooting steps: What to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos