Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLW25
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k+ won't setup

Jump to solution

i have bought 4 roku express 4+ only one works. the streaming player light flashes twice then a paues, flashes twice pause. the one that works never did this. i've called the support three times they told me to return and replace. my newest one was purchased in a different town and chain store. when it starts to work and lets me pick language and it lets me choose my wifi then sometimes i get the first letter of password it always stops on k. thats it! three different players in a row. i've had the device unplugged all night and about to call support again and give it another try.        

need help scott w

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU EXPRESS 4K+ WON'T SETUP

Jump to solution

Hi @SLW25

Thanks for your post. 

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We advise you to maintain your current correspondence with our Support team in order to address the issue at hand. They recently responded to your inquiry. The Support team is ready and able to help you find the best solution to your issue.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SLW25

Thank you for the inquiry!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku Express. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're using the TV's USB port to power the Express try using the supplied power adapter.  You say you have one that works.  Can you swap out the one that works for the one that doesn't keeping everything else in place (same TV, cables, power source, etc.)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SLW25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

serial no. SO7P429W3ARK ALSO Tech Support suggested I exchange the Voice Remote at the store.

THANKS

0 Kudos
SLW25
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4k+ won't setup

Jump to solution

Thanks I've tried adaptor and UBS already.

THANKS @SLW25

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SLW25

Thanks for your post. 

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We advise you to maintain your current correspondence with our Support team in order to address the issue at hand. They recently responded to your inquiry. The Support team is ready and able to help you find the best solution to your issue.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
SLW25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Darlene at Tech Support suggested in replace my voice remote. I replaced it with the same result. I got four letters of my wifi password in before it stopped responding. I replied to Darlene's email but have not heard back from her. My latest roku product.

ROKU EXPRESS 4K+

SN: SO7P429W3ARK

MODEL#: 3941X

ROKU SUPPORT REFERENCE# 6954807, 6920523 & 6915270

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @SLW25 

As @RokuNimfa-C mentioned, we would advise that you keep working with our support team to them to fix the issue you are currently having, as they would be most suited to help you moving forward.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
UnhappyFrank
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SO7P429WVPUY    

Shouldn't this be checked before it is shipped?  Yes or no!  

Cannot get it to even chose a language          

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @UnhappyFrank

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos