Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kasper0629
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3800x now always powers up in Recovery mode (light Purple Screen)

Jump to solution

having the same issue after 

roku update now boots up to recovery mode every time.  different tv. after power off and restart always boots to recovery mode.  looks like update did something to stick.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kasper0629

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Could you confirm, if the information is available, Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version? If you have a Roku device, how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Let us know what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MattD5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. It started about a week ago.  No issues before that time.  
model: 3800X

serial num: YF001D049801

Sw version: 12.0.0 bld 4178-55

Dev ID: CT3931049801

I power the device by connecting USB to port on my TV.  I’ve reset my Wi-Fi router and unplugged Device from both hdmi and usb and then reinstalled but got same error. 
Matt

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MattD5

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We suggest you plug the device into a power outlet and see if there's any difference. In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MattD5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Nimfa.  I just switched from powering off USB port on tv to an outlet and the initial start came up in recovery mode, but I restarted and no recovery mode this time.  I tried several other times and it worked the same.  Thank you.  I typically only use this particular TV on weekdays so I’ll try it on Monday and let you know If the problem reoccurs. 
Matt

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MattD5

Thanks for the update. 

We're glad to hear that it resolves the issue you are seeing with your Roku device. Please keep us posted if the issue resurfaces and we're glad to help you further. 

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance in the future.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuNimfa-C  Thank you for your input.  The other day after its final boot (where it would go to home screen), it appeared to be completing another update (on the dark purple screen this time).... again it completed and was normal, though on subsequent powerups the same light purple recovery screen continues. 

I'll continue to post updates as they occur. 

0 Kudos
kasper0629
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

20230429_183324.jpg

here is info

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bismarck318 

Thanks for the update. 

It seems there is progress on the issue you are seeing with your Roku device. Keep us posted on how it goes, in case the issue resurfaces again. And don't forget to plug the device into a wall power outlet for the Roku device to perform better. 

Thank you for your time and patience in this matter. 

Regards, 
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to us, @kasper0629.

We appreciate the screenshot you have provided it is a big help for us to assist you further. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

If the device is plugged into a USB Port of the TV, we suggest you plug it into a wall outlet and see if there is any difference after. 

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos