Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 3800x now always powers up in Recovery mode (light Purple Screen)

Jump to solution

I have the same problem it started after the last update 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Starting in recovery mode

Jump to solution

Hello @Kieth

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV?

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you contact the TV manufacturer to see other options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Karla

0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is not a roku tv it's a streaming stick 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Kieth

Thanks for the post.

Could you confirm, if the information is available, Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version? If you have a Roku device, how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Let us know what you find out. 

All the best,
Karla

0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Device 3800x 

Sn yf007d895474

Device ID ct3957895474

Os 55c.50r06040a

Update 12.0.0

0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also this problem started with the last update 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Kieth

Have you tried performing a factory reset by pressing and holding down the reset button for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on screen?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you still need assistance

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That made the problem worse now I have to enter the wifi password every time it starts up 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follow up @Kieth

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There's another discussion about this already.  (I'm not complaining, just want Karla to know this is not an isolated problem) There are a bunch of us waiting for a fix for this.  When I saw this one I was hoping I was in time to tell Keith not to do a factory reset, but too late.

Does information here ever make it back to the developers so they are aware of software problems?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.