Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddawg77

Remote stopped working...unable to resync remote to the box. Model # 4802x

Jump to solution

Someone sat on my rechargeable remote and now for some reason it will not work. I noticed the green light above the pair button on the rear was blinking.  I tried plugging the charging cable to see maybe it was dying. It did no good. How did I re-sync?

Model 4802x

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote stopped working...unable to resync remote to the box. Model # 4802x

Jump to solution

If the light is still flashing, set it down next to the Ultra and unplug the power from the Ultra for a few seconds to get it to restart.  It should pair after the Ultra restarts.  If it's not still flashing and it still isn't working, press and hold the pairing button until it starts flashing and then do the same thing.

Sitting on it must have pressed the pairing button, but it usually just pairs again automatically.  You can also see pairing instructions here:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote stopped working...unable to resync remote to the box. Model # 4802x

Jump to solution

If the light is still flashing, set it down next to the Ultra and unplug the power from the Ultra for a few seconds to get it to restart.  It should pair after the Ultra restarts.  If it's not still flashing and it still isn't working, press and hold the pairing button until it starts flashing and then do the same thing.

Sitting on it must have pressed the pairing button, but it usually just pairs again automatically.  You can also see pairing instructions here:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.