Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keiosha444

Channel activation update stuck

Jump to solution

My Roku TV was fine then started messing up so I reset it but clicked factory reset by accident and tried making a new Roku account and it is stuck on channel update 1 of 50 “maximizing fun factor..” I don’t know what to do I haven’t watched tv for 2 nights it’s still stuck. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Channel activation Update stuck

Jump to solution

We had this problem after power surge. Tried unplugging that didn’t work. Did a factory reset which included a software update and it worked fine. 
Step one: Plug back in and power on

Step Two: enter email but DO NOT activate yet.

Step Three: (While it sends activation to your email) Click asterisks (*) on your remote and select Factory reset.

Step Four: follow the prompts and you should be good 👍 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try unplugging the power for a few seconds and plugging it back in.  Worst case you'll have to factory reset it again and start over.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

We had this problem after power surge. Tried unplugging that didn’t work. Did a factory reset which included a software update and it worked fine. 
Step one: Plug back in and power on

Step Two: enter email but DO NOT activate yet.

Step Three: (While it sends activation to your email) Click asterisks (*) on your remote and select Factory reset.

Step Four: follow the prompts and you should be good 👍 

0 Kudos
einar2

Jump to solution

We've updated our dispute resolution terms. The blook will not let me to agree,it will not let me view updte terms.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@einar2, if you have a Roku TV, make sure you're using the TV's remote.  You can also try using the mobile app on your phone or tablet as a remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos