Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra- Wired Connection - Error Code 012 Not Connected

Returned after vacation to find both Roku Ultra players not connected to network wired connection Error Code 012.

I have a working internet connection and performed the following tasks.

1. Power on/off Roku (4 times)

2. Power on/off router (only once)

3. Restarted Roku (4 times)

4. Connected new ethernet cable from router to Roku (tested cable on other devices and it's working).

5. Factory Reset on Roku (3 times)

None of the above items were successful in connecting the Roku(s) to the internet.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance...

PS - Not sure if this is a symptom but both units have a 3 blink power "code". One blink followed by two quicker blinks repeating. IDK!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra- Wired Connection - Error Code 012 Not Connected

Hi @FredZiffel97,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue. Let's try these quick steps by navigating to Settings > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. Then, make sure to restart your router and then try to reconnect your device.

Feel free to keep us posted on how this works for you. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

Did as you outlined and during Set Up Connection the selection for "Wired" resolves with a red "X" then immediately switches to "Cannot detect Ethernet cable".

Tried this procedure with the original cable, a new Cat5e cable, and a new Cat6 cable all with similar results. IMO a software update was pushed to my 2 devices that was not fully tested.

I can connect any internet ready device to the ethernet cables mentioned above and all successfully attain an internet connection. 
0 Kudos
FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

No change...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@FredZiffel97 

Try leaving the Ultra unplugged for a bit (10-15min) and restart your router (yet again).  If the 10-15 min does not help to resolve, just leave it unplugged when you go to sleep tonight and see if by morning the issue is resolved.

On occasion my Ultra will fail to detect the Wired option after a restart.  I will just use the wireless (wifi) connection and then usually it will see the wired availability after a bit.  

Don't think it is a update issue; just a little network gremlin/bug with the Roku's network detection check (software).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

Did the short term disconnect and the long term disconnect with a Router Restart without any change. The Roku Ultras will not connect in a wired configuration.

0 Kudos