Manufacturer support & warranty resources

Find Roku TV support and resources for troubleshooting, setup, and repair information. Contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help or browse our forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoec2001

No Sound on Roku TV no Matter What

Jump to solution

I have had audio problems with my TV for a while. I honestly don’t use my TV a whole lot, and usually if I do, I use my computer connected to it. When the sound first started acting up, I could try the typical unplug it, switch the channels, and other typical fixes. Then I had to resort to using my computer audio. I’m trying to use the apps on the TV now and need the problem fixed. I have tried unplugging, doing the home button 5 times, up arrow, rewind, fast forward trick, changing the audio settings, etc. nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Sound on Roku TV no Matter What

Jump to solution

Hi @zoec2001,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are currently experiencing an issue with the audio on your Roku TV, where there is no sound or audio. We appreciate the effort you've made in attempting various troubleshooting steps to address the problem. We'd be more than happy to find you the best course of action regarding your issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know the brand of your Roku TV. You can visit this support article: How to know if you have a Roku TV or a Roku branded TV

In the meantime, I suggest to try this troubleshooting steps:

Reset Roku TV audio:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Scroll down and select Advance system settings
  5. Under factory reset, Select Reset TV audio/picture settings.

Note: Please make sure not to select the "factory reset everything" option. This selection will delete all of your apps.

System restarts the Roku TV:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to system restart your Roku streaming device

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Sound on Roku TV no Matter What

Jump to solution

Hi @zoec2001,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are currently experiencing an issue with the audio on your Roku TV, where there is no sound or audio. We appreciate the effort you've made in attempting various troubleshooting steps to address the problem. We'd be more than happy to find you the best course of action regarding your issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know the brand of your Roku TV. You can visit this support article: How to know if you have a Roku TV or a Roku branded TV

In the meantime, I suggest to try this troubleshooting steps:

Reset Roku TV audio:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Scroll down and select Advance system settings
  5. Under factory reset, Select Reset TV audio/picture settings.

Note: Please make sure not to select the "factory reset everything" option. This selection will delete all of your apps.

System restarts the Roku TV:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to system restart your Roku streaming device

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.