Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ornaldo7

My role express 4k+ will not work with my TV for genuinely no reason

Jump to solution

I got the TV for $5, you may think that's the reason it's not working but you'd be wrong, I already connected my Xbox to and it worked just fine. It worked on a newer gen TV perfectly. The power is plugged in, I've tried different HDMI cords, I've tried genuinely everything and it will not work. I've set the resolution down to 1080p, then 720p after that didn't work. There are zero reasons why it shouldn't be working and yet it won't. What in the **bleep** is going on with my $30 brick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My role express 4k+ will not work with my TV for genuinely no reason

Jump to solution

Hi @ornaldo7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble connecting your Roku streaming device to your TV and the troubleshooting steps you took to fix the issue.

In some cases, the USB power the TV provides is insufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with inadequate power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

For troubleshooting purposes, try powering the Roku device from the wall power (outlet) if you currently use the TV USB port. If you are powering from the wall, try using another power adopter (any 5-volt 1-amp cellphone charger adapter should work). Or try to plug the device into another TV and see if there's any difference after.

Please see the related support link here for more steps if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV.

Feel free to keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My role express 4k+ will not work with my TV for genuinely no reason

Jump to solution

Hi @ornaldo7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble connecting your Roku streaming device to your TV and the troubleshooting steps you took to fix the issue.

In some cases, the USB power the TV provides is insufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with inadequate power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

For troubleshooting purposes, try powering the Roku device from the wall power (outlet) if you currently use the TV USB port. If you are powering from the wall, try using another power adopter (any 5-volt 1-amp cellphone charger adapter should work). Or try to plug the device into another TV and see if there's any difference after.

Please see the related support link here for more steps if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV.

Feel free to keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.