Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sophie0717

Must sign in to Roku every time

Jump to solution

When I turn off my new Android Sony Bravia TV, my Roku seems to "forget" all the information I signed in on.  I have a message that says something like "Let's get started setting up your Roku........." even though I registered my Roku when I attached it to the TV.  It's a nuisance and time consuming to have to do this.  

How can I fix this?  My husband is thoroughly disgusted with streaming because of this problem.

Thanks for any suggestions/help with this issue.

Sophie0717

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Must sign in to Roku every time

Jump to solution

@Sophie0717 

Definitely not normal behavior to have to set up the Roku device every time you use it.  More often than not when this occurs, it is due to a bad/failed device (internal flash/chip memory).

If the device is new, return to place of purchase,  or if less than a year old, try returning under Warranty replacement. https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

-----

You can also try powering your Roku device from the wall outlet rather than the TV's USB port if currently doing so.  Most the Roku devices using USB power supplies, you should be able to use a cell phone charger/wall adapter rated at 5volts, 1 amp.

The above may help, but the device should not be losing the setup info even if underpowered from the TV, so likely just a bad device.  If you get a new device, try using the wall power setup on the next go round. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Must sign in to Roku every time

Jump to solution

@Sophie0717 

Definitely not normal behavior to have to set up the Roku device every time you use it.  More often than not when this occurs, it is due to a bad/failed device (internal flash/chip memory).

If the device is new, return to place of purchase,  or if less than a year old, try returning under Warranty replacement. https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

-----

You can also try powering your Roku device from the wall outlet rather than the TV's USB port if currently doing so.  Most the Roku devices using USB power supplies, you should be able to use a cell phone charger/wall adapter rated at 5volts, 1 amp.

The above may help, but the device should not be losing the setup info even if underpowered from the TV, so likely just a bad device.  If you get a new device, try using the wall power setup on the next go round. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.