Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra is eating MicroSD cards

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon, 

My Roku Ultra, Model 4660RW ran flawlessly for at least a couple years. Last month it crashed badly. It froze completely. Several attempts to reboot it failed until I removed the MicroSD card. Once that was removed, it still took three factory resets to restore it. Each reset was a little better than the last, so I kept trying. 

All was right with the world until today when the Roku player wanted to reformat the MicroSD card again. I told it to go ahead and do that, only to find the player could not format it. I checked the card in a computer. The card is totally fried, won't respond to anything.

Anyone have any thoughts on why the Roku player has developed an appetite for MicroSD cards and how to prevent this?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra is eating MicroSD cards

Jump to solution

SD cards can go bad on their own. I had an MP3 player where the card started going bad, and became basically unreadable on a computer. If you need the extra storage, then you can get another card. Just find something cheap and small, as the Roku only uses a few GB at most.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra is eating MicroSD cards

Jump to solution

SD cards can go bad on their own. I had an MP3 player where the card started going bad, and became basically unreadable on a computer. If you need the extra storage, then you can get another card. Just find something cheap and small, as the Roku only uses a few GB at most.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.