Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xparrot

Multiple Roku devices in different rooms with one Account.

Jump to solution

I am new to multiple Rokus. We are moving into new house and I have purchased Rokus for each room. When setting them up I understand that I can have them all connect to a single account or I can create individual accounts for each?

I need clarification. If I have all the Rokus connected to ONE account, can we watch TV in separate rooms at the same time? Or by having one account, only one can be viewed at a time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple Roku devices in different rooms with one Account.

Jump to solution

Each device gets its own stream so they can view the same or different material, but some paid subscription accounts have a limit on how many simultaneous devices they will stream to at one time.  

The standard Netflix HD subscription, for instance, supports two streams at a time, but their Ultra HD subscription supports four.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @xparrot

Thanks for the post.

Even your Roku devices are connected to a single account, you can still view or watch different channels/contents at the same time. The purpose of linking them to just one account is to make sure that you won't be double-billed for any subscription that you will sign up for. 

If you need help linking your Roku to your email, you can visit this Support article: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
xparrot

Jump to solution

Okay, so I should set them all up to connect to the same account then. That way my saved shows will be on each Roku.

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Each device gets its own stream so they can view the same or different material, but some paid subscription accounts have a limit on how many simultaneous devices they will stream to at one time.  

The standard Netflix HD subscription, for instance, supports two streams at a time, but their Ultra HD subscription supports four.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Jump to solution

I have 3 ROKUS and would like them all on one account....

I can't find the settings to ensure they are all under one.  Dont want to pay for peacock twice, etc...

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When each Roku is linked, link them to the same account.  ie: don’t keep creating new Roku accounts with different email addresses when setting up Roku #2 and Roku #3 – use the same account/email as Roku #1. (Where the #numbers refer to the order in which you have set your Rokus up.)  In your account, you can give each linked Roku a name to help you keep them straight.

renojim

Jump to solution

@iwasbutter1st, in addition to what @Strega said, if your subscriptions to the various streaming providers are directly with the provider and not through Roku then it doesn't matter what Roku account your devices are linked to.

If you've already set up the devices then you can verify the Roku account on each one by going to Settings->System->About and viewing the email address.  You can also see what devices are linked to a Roku account by going to https://my.roku.com and scrolling down to "My linked devices".  There is no way to change the Roku account on a device other than factory resetting the device.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Allismamma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When you setup your Roku tv all you had to have used an email to setup so did you use the same email for every device. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is contradictory to another posts answer regarding having multiple devices connected to one account. Apparently because I have multiple devices linked to one account is the reason why my channels keep magically disappearing every time I add them back (removed from Home Screen). I don’t even need to turn off the tv for the channels to magically disappear. If it was one or two channels maybe I’d buy that but it’s pretty much everything except the Roku channel every time. 

Allismamma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are you the only user because if my daughter adds channels to her tv then of course it will show up on mine and Visa versa and if she was to delete a channel because they are all on my account 

0 Kudos