Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost icons on Home Screen

@MikeWalker,

Thanks for your prompt response.

We reviewed your account, and it seems like you're using many Roku devices. If this is downloaded to one of those devices. Would that be okay to remove it from that device and let's see if that appears on this current device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeWalker
Channel Surfer

I have 2 Roku devices setup here.  Yes - the other one has the AppleTV app on it.

I just:

• Removed Roku device from other TV (TV2)
  • Returned to problem TV (TV1) - AppleTV is now removed from it.
  • Added AppleTV to TV1, now shows up on Home Screen (which it didn’t before).
  • Checked TV2 - AppleTV is now back on it.
  • Authenticated AppleTV on both TV1 & TV2 - both are now working.

I think I’m good on my side now, that seems to have gotten me out of the problem scenario.

If you need more info from my side to further diagnose for future, let me know.

Thanx

Mike

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@MikeWalker,

We appreciate it, and we're glad about how things turn out.

We'll do and feel free to get back here if there's anything else you need of assistance.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RMS2112

My home screen does not show any apps. I have (1) Ultra (2) sticks (1) Roku2 and (2) Roku3. All of them are working fine except one of my Roku 3's. After booting, it shows all my apps for a few seconds and then it goes blank. I cannot access my apps unless I use voice commands. Roku1p.jpegRoku2p.jpeg access any apps unless I use voice command. Pictures and ID attached. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RMS2112,

We appreciate you visiting the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on this. Could you tell us when you first saw the problem occurring, in addition to the statement you have provided?

Additionally, we advise doing this via Home>>Settings>>System>>System restart. Try it once more after that to see if anything has changed.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
B12201

Having the same issue 

Model:C613x

serisl number x00000228m8h(S05jj0028m8h)

software version 12.5.0 build 4186-a2

GC version: 10.5.39

issue id 8h-009-010

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @B12201

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having an issue regarding lost icons on your Home Screen, and we appreciate you for sharing the information you provided with us. May we know if you've already tried a system restart on your Roku device? Also, have you restarted your modem/router? Further, could you send us an image referring to the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mariahdc
Reel Rookie

We just started having this issue tonight for the first time.  No icons at all.

JCh5
Channel Surfer

As I mentioned earlier, this exact problem showed up for me and the fix was to insert a 16GB SD card into the slot on the Roku. Haven’t had any problems since.
However, not all Roku models have an SD card slot. If yours doesn’t, then I don’t know how to solve the issue—sorry. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mariahdc

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. May we know if you've already tried to perform a system restart and router/modem restart on your Roku device? Also, what specific Roku device you are having issues with?

With more details, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.