Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost icons on Home Screen

Hi, @JCh5

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to collect more details for us to work on. Kindly provide us with a Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Also, we would like to have a visual presentation of the issue. A photo or video clip referring to the issue would be a great help, if possible.

Your response is what we look forward to.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JCh5
Channel Surfer

Hi Kash,

Thank you for your quick response! However, there are numerous photos of this issue already here, right in this thread: the channel icons are simply missing/transparent. Interestingly, it does not happen on our other Roku Ultra which a) has no Tablo channel and is not linked to a Tablo device and b) used far less often. That made me consider that maybe our main Roku is running out of internal storage space.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @JCh5

We just want to add trying to connect to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the missing icon reloads.

If the issue persists, we'd like to gather a recent Tracker ID for us to forward this issue and information to the appropriate Roku team for investigation and to address this.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JCh5
Channel Surfer

I just added a $10 microSD card to my Roku Ultra and haven't had an issue with disappearing icons since! The smallest capacity I could find at BestBuy was a 64 GB for $10, but I'm sure a smaller one would have done the trick as well. Roku says it only needs 4 GB--but you can't get anything smaller than 32 GB these days.

I don't know if this will fix it for everyone else but wanted to share this tip. Good luck!

MikeWalker
Channel Surfer

I am also seeing this.

I have added the AppleTV app to my Roku Ultra.  However, it does not appear on my Home Screen.  If I search for the app, it’s listed as Installed and I can launch it from the Search window, but it is not on the Home Screen.

I can’t remove the app - as I can only do that when it’s on the Home Screen, so remove and add isn’t something I’ve figured out how to do.

I have rebooted the device several times, no change.

After pressing 5xHome + 5xBack - here is the Issue ID created:  LE-477-793

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MikeWalker,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate your reports about this. In addition to the statement you've provided. Could you also share the details below with us?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeWalker
Channel Surfer

Here ya go:

IMG_0075.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@MikeWalker,

Thanks for the quick update!

We'll take it from here and forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have an update available, we'll make sure to flag you and post it on this thread.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@MikeWalker,

We've got some reports about this, and we'd like to know if this is the only channel you've tried to install that won't appear on your Home Screen.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeWalker
Channel Surfer

Yes, only the one channel is giving me problems.  In trying to work around this, I have added & removed other channels.  They add remove from the Home Screen - no problem.

The AppleTV channel is not on the home-screen.  I haven’t been able to figure out how to delete it, as I do that from the Home Screen, so I can’t remove and try to add again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.