Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlee115

Lost icons on Home Screen

The cable company said my lost cable icon is a Roku issue. 

Labels (1)
33 REPLIES 33
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost icons on Home Screen

Hi @rlee115,

We appreciate you getting in touch with us here in the Roku Community.

We don't have much information based on your statement. Could you tell us more about this? 

With more information, we'll be able to look into this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
sst
Reel Rookie

I'm getting this problem too. The Roku home screen show blank boxes where the channel pictures should be. You can't select any channel. Sometimes the channels show up for a second and then blank out again. After about 30 seconds of not pushing any buttons, the channel pictures come back, and things work again.

For Roku programmers, here's how to reproduce it.

• Restart the system.
  • Wait for the home screen. 
  • The channel icons will be blank
  • After 15 seconds, the channel icons will appear for a second, then disappear
  • The icons come back in about 30 seconds.

It also seems to happen when you do this:

• Restart the system
  • Set screensaver start time to 1 minute
  • Go to the Roku channel (or any channel that will show the screensaver? FRNDLY and Paramount seem to do this, Netflix doesn't)
  • Start a show
  • Pause the show
  • When the screensaver comes on, let the screensaver run for one minute.
  • Hit the Home button twice to get the Roku home screen.
  • Channel Icons show for a second, then blank out.

This second case is inconsistent, but this is the way it is happening to me during normal use. Restarting the system first seems to make this happen more consistently. Some sort of cacheing issue?

Model 4670X - Roku Ultra

Software version: 12.5.0, Build 4169-46

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sst,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we would be more than glad to help. Could you please send us an image referring to the issue you've encountered? Also, could you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you, as we'll work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
khampsten
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi 

I’m having the same issue on both my Rokus.

• Model: 4630X 
  • SN YR006G153845
  • SW version 12.5.0 build 4169-29
  • GC version 10.1.517
  •  Tracker ID 45-404-668

IMG_3358.jpeg

0 Kudos
JCh5
Channel Surfer

Same problem on our Roku Ultra. First appeared tonight by repeatedly disconnecting the Tablo channel/app, then app icons started to disappear or turn transparent. Maybe half of them are no longer visible. 
Rebooted and checked for software upgrade (already up to date): neither helped. 
Have pictures but don’t see how to attach screenshots.
Tracker ID: 59-404-946
Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @khampsten @JCh5

We've forwarded the details you've provided us, and the appropriate Roku team is on it to work things out for a resolution. Once we have more information and updates regarding this case, we'll make sure to provide an update here in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
khampsten
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi,  Do you have an estimated response time?  It's been a week since we posted this request, and we are still have the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @khampsten.

We sincerely apologize for any trouble this may have caused you. 

Kindly try to perform a system reboot on both of your Roku streaming devices by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System restart. If the issue still occurs, kindly provide us with another Tracker ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) for us to update the appropriate Roku team regarding this matter. 

We'll be anticipating your update!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JCh5
Channel Surfer

I've had the same issue for several weeks now. Rebooting seems to help for a day or three, then the problem is back. I just realized that my Roku Ultra does not have a microSD card--could adding one be the solution?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.