Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daran041

Lost Remote to tcl Roku tv & need to pair new one

Jump to solution

I lost my Roku remote and I am trying to pair using the app but can’t. I have the newer tcl / tlc Roku tv and it does not have a power button. How can I pair it to the app? And if not do I just get a new remote? How would I pair that 🤦🏾‍♀️

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost Remote to tcl Roku tv & need to pair new one

Jump to solution

The Roku app will only work controlling a Roku device if both the Roku and the device with the app are connected to the same private network. If your Roku TV isn't on the network, the app will never work. And unless you can connect your TV to a wired network, there's no way to connect it to a WiFi network without a remote.

You can get a generic IR remote that works with a Roku TV for very low cost. Most are under $10-15. Just make sure that they list support for a Roku TV on their documentation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost Remote to tcl Roku tv & need to pair new one

Jump to solution

The Roku app will only work controlling a Roku device if both the Roku and the device with the app are connected to the same private network. If your Roku TV isn't on the network, the app will never work. And unless you can connect your TV to a wired network, there's no way to connect it to a WiFi network without a remote.

You can get a generic IR remote that works with a Roku TV for very low cost. Most are under $10-15. Just make sure that they list support for a Roku TV on their documentation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.