Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMNC15
Reel Rookie

LG - 65" Class B3 Series OLED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV - ROKU Issues

Hello.  I just purchased a brand new LG TV and new ROKU streaming stick (4k).  The picture quality on the ROKU stick is not nearly as good as the LG channels on their interface.  I worked with LG, they believe that it is a setting issue with my ROKU device.  I would much rather use the ROKU device and interface, the LG interface is not user friendly. 

Any help is much appreciated.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: LG - 65" Class B3 Series OLED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV - ROKU Issues

Hi @BMNC15,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to help. Could you tell us what option you see when navigating to display type from Settings>>Display type? if you could also share with us the differences between them we can take a closer look at it

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BMNC15
Reel Rookie

Good morning.  Thank you for your response.  Here are the display options:

Automatic (4k Dolby Vision)

4k Dolby Vision HDR TV

4k HDR TV

4k TV

1080p TV

720p TV

Probably the best picture comes under 4k HDR TV (or 4k TV).  Neither of these is quite as crisp as the native apps from LG.  The interface with LG is clumsy, my preference would be to use the Roku device (as I do on all of my other tvs).

I contacted LG, they suggested that I plug the Roku stick into one of the HDMI 2.1 ports.  Unfortunately, I would need to purchase an adapter to even try that.

Any additional advice is much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

If “crisp” means that some in-TV sharpening has been added, on many TVs these settings (along with contrast, brightness, saturation, high frame rate etc.) can be set independently for each input.

Also some streaming services have some video quality and bandwidth options of their own.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.