Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fireman1

Need to Change my location in my Account

Jump to solution

Need help, I am currently residing in Florida and every time I try to reset the Roku Streaming Devices down here I am only offered Apps that I would normally get in Canada while at home.  I can't get the Hulu App because it's not offered.  Called the toll free line and talked to an agent who told me to delete my account and open it from down here in Florida.  That didn't work it still has a Canadian Flag for my choice of french or english on my account page.  Don't know how to get the account changed to recognize me being in Florida.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to Change my location in my Account

Jump to solution

Try it again, but when you create your account at https://my.roku.com ,  use a different computer/phone, a different browser, clear your cookies, or use a private/incognito browser window.  Any of those should work, so pick which ever one is easiest.  Factory reset your Roku device and link it to the new account.  If you're going to return to Canada, create a new Roku account using a different email address unless you want to go through the same process when you get back.  Either way (whether you have one Roku account or two), you'll have to factory reset your Roku device to link it to a Canada account when you get back.  If you travel back and forth often you may find it easier to have Roku devices you only use in the US and others that you use only in Canada.  Roku doesn't make it easy on travelers.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to Change my location in my Account

Jump to solution

Try it again, but when you create your account at https://my.roku.com ,  use a different computer/phone, a different browser, clear your cookies, or use a private/incognito browser window.  Any of those should work, so pick which ever one is easiest.  Factory reset your Roku device and link it to the new account.  If you're going to return to Canada, create a new Roku account using a different email address unless you want to go through the same process when you get back.  Either way (whether you have one Roku account or two), you'll have to factory reset your Roku device to link it to a Canada account when you get back.  If you travel back and forth often you may find it easier to have Roku devices you only use in the US and others that you use only in Canada.  Roku doesn't make it easy on travelers.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.