Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IS Roku available in Australia

Jump to solution

I wish I had known this before buying my 4K stick off Amazon Australia 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s strange.. I bought it as I used to use Roku with bigpond as my tvs platform.. and loved it so I really don’t understand why apps like hayu and kayo are not accessible.. I paid for a remote from the App Store and you can see the hayu and kayo apps on them but as soon as you change the tv ip... they disappear.. very frustrating and any help will be most appreciated.. it’s a shame.: means I’ve bought a dud atm and back to Amazon firestick I go 🤷🏼‍♀️ Feeling ripped off..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This would be great, i got it specifically to access Shudder which is available in Australia (via a browser), no VPN needed, yet Roku sais the region isn't compatible if i add it via the website and it doesn't appear at all on the device in searching movies and TV section of the Roku device.

0 Kudos
Wentworth

Jump to solution

I just tried to download Roku but it is not available in Australia. 

0 Kudos
fatkinson
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Express online from an Australian company.  
They confirmed that it came ready to connect to Australian power (230 VAC 50 Hz) including the power plug. 
It was a gift that I had them send as a Christmas present to some friends I know in Melbourne, Australia.  
My friends had it up and running the same day it was delivered to them.  
So, I know it works.  
I found it from a seller on Ebay.  

It is out of stock right now.  
You could contact the seller to see when they might be available again,  

0 Kudos
krugerm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The previous "answer" is incorrect.

Roku is crippled and unsupported in Australia, and it has no support.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's not "crippled". True, it's not officially supported by Roku. But it works just fine anywhere in the world. It's the channel suppliers that make the determination where in the world their channel can be used. Roku only offers "The Roku Channel", and the content they license to provide has restrictions to only be available in the US (maybe Canada as well). All other channels are controlled by their individual providers, and only they can allow or prohibit their channel in a specific location. Those providers are where you must ask for them to allow their channel on a Roku.

Russia is another unsupported location. But users report it works fine with YouTube and Netflix. There's probably others that work as well, but no others were reported.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
krugerm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Key channels are missing despite being available in this region via other devices. eg: Amazon Prime, Disney+.

And Search is completely removed, making it impossible to find channels you want in a sea of channels you don't.

I don't use Roku in Australia because it doesn't do anything useful.

0 Kudos