Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Froghead99

New Roku streaming stick 4k user

Hello. We have a TCL TV - 5 years old. The tv has built in chrome cast and there is Netflix and Prime built in as well. But we would like to Airplay from my iPhone some platforms such as NFHS or games for a small college basketball program. Purchased the Roku Streaming Stick 4k for that purpose. Plugged in and went through set up. Seemed to go smoothly but when I tested it on NFHS I received the following message “unable to connect to streaming stick 4k”. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku streaming stick 4k user

Would you please expand on what NFHS is? While it's been a while since I've screen mirrored my iPhone to a Roku, it's always worked when I tried it.

But Airplay is simply screen mirroring. It's not actually sending the app itself from the phone to the Roku. So it really shouldn't matter what you're trying to display on the TV from the phone, as it's all still running on the phone.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Froghead99 NFHS has a Roku app.  Try that

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

NFHS is a streaming service that carries high school sports.   It has apps for Android and iOS on their respective play stores.  There is also a NFHS app for Roku: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/eac2685e320c9610a1b5c79aa34d9004/nfhs-network

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X