Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scupples69
Channel Surfer

I just bought a streaming stick 4K and it's not allowing me to pair my device

Jump to solution

I've just gotten this and want to pair it with it's remote.  

However, it's not pairing.

I've got the device plugged in HDMI 1, and the TV is on HDMI 1.  I attempt to pair the remote and it doesn't seem to work, I'm pressing the back button and the home button simutaneously.  I can't get connected via WiFi cause the screen is blank to even start.

I've already reset the device, and removed the batteries on the remote multiple times.  I've watched video's and still nothing.

My TV is an Emerson and it's not a smart TV hence why I need the sttreaming stick so I can connect via wifi.  Any suggestions on how to get my remote to pair with my Roku stick?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I just bought a streaming stick 4K and it's not allowing me to pair my device

Jump to solution

@scupples69, the light would come on whether it's plugged into the TV or not.  If you've connected the power (the USB cable) and there's no light, either the power adapter is bad or the stick is bad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Doozyfd
Reel Rookie

Re: I just bought a streaming stick 4K and it's not allowing me to pair my device

Jump to solution

I am still struggling to get mine to work properly, but I got past the issue you are having with a long press on the reset - holding for 30 seconds even when it seems to do something sooner.

I am wondering have many of the good reviews I read are from those who actually paid their own money for these sticks.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@scupples69, if the screen is blank, that has nothing to do with the remote.  You need to solve that problem first.  If the TV is set to the correct input and you connect the stick to power you should almost immediately see the start up animation.  Does any light illuminate on the stick when you connect the USB cable for power?  I have an old Emerson TV and I don't think it has a USB port, but if yours does make sure you're using the supplied USB power adapter and not the TV's USB port.

0 Kudos
scupples69
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the Roku in the other HDMI, I've tried both.  However there is a USB port, if I plug the end that goes in the plug and the other in the Roku how is that helping?I have the Roku in the other HDMI, I've tried both. However there is a USB port, if I plug the end that goes in the plug and the other in the Roku how is that helping?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@scupples69, the point was don't use the TV's USB port.  If you're already using the supplied USB power adapter plugged into the wall and you're not getting any display on the TV, you can try the TV's USB port (it won't hurt), but it's always recommended to use the supplied power adapter.  You never said if any light on the stick lights up when you connect the USB cable.

0 Kudos
scupples69
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I never realized there was a light til just now.  

I plug it in HDMI 1 and there is no light.

I can't see the light when it's in HDMI 2 as it is against the television, so I'm unable to see it.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@scupples69, the light would come on whether it's plugged into the TV or not.  If you've connected the power (the USB cable) and there's no light, either the power adapter is bad or the stick is bad.

0 Kudos
scupples69
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good to know.  I'm looking to see where I can get an RMA to send it back but I'm not finding it.  Any idea where to find that information to send the Roku device back?

0 Kudos
scupples69
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found it.  Thanks again for your assistance!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.