Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodAtHome
Channel Surfer

I couldn't get my new Roku Streaming Stick 4K to work

My family went on a short vacation last week. In preparation for this I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I configured it at home using my TCL Roku TV, got it associated with my Roku account, etc. I really thought I was all set.

We got the AirBnB and after doing other activities I pulled out my new Roku Streaming Stick 4K and plugged the HDMI into an open port of the Panasonic Roku TV. I plugged the USB power cable into a wall outlet nearby. I thought I was all set to go. I used the remote to the Panasonic and the remote for my new Roku Streaming Stick 4K. However, to my dismay it was impossible for me to find a way to configure my Roku Streaming Stick 4K to the HDMI port I plugged it into.

So, this leaves me with questions. Is it possible that Panasonic Roku TVs won't allow you to configure any of the HDMI ports? Or is it possible that the AirBnB owner can disable the ability to configure HDMI ports? At this point I don't see any benefit at all having purchased the Roku Streaming Stick 4K, because I couldn't use it. I want to know if it is something that I might be able to use, with some TVs, or something that is not possible to use at all with any smart TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I couldn't get my new Roku Streaming Stick 4K to work

You don't configure the Roku to a particular HDMI port - it just sends it out put to its HDMI port.   You use the TV set's remote to turn it to the HDMI port to which you've connected the Roku.  In some cases, the TV may be on a cable system whose remote you need to use.

Once you have the Roku displaying on the TV, you will still need to configure the Roku to connect to the WiFi system for the BnB via Settings > Network > Set up connection.   You'll need to know the name of the BnB network to use for your BnB unit and its password.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.