Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

I've gone through the set up process for my Roku SE player successfully on my TV; I've set up my account successfully at the ROKU website. I've had both my account open on the website and the TV and ROKU open simultaneously. Still will not display a Link code at the end of the set up process. Why?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@frustratedanddi 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your device. Then once your device is set up, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mimim

no link code

Jump to solution

Hoping someone can help me. I have successfully connected my Roku to the internet and it has done its update but it never gives me the link code! I have tried on 2 different tv's, same thing happens. I also did the factory reset on the Roku but it did not solve the problem. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to solve it?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: no link code

Jump to solution

@mimim 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your device. Then once your device is set up, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krystyne
Reel Rookie

Never received link code and have tried factory reset

Jump to solution

I have never received a link code and I have tried a factory reset multiple times. I have tried deactivating my account and reactivating and nothing changes. Customer service does not know what they are doing. All they do is send me the same ridiculous FAQ sheets that do nothing to help! Someone please help me! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Never received link code and have tried factory reset

Jump to solution

@Krystyne 

Thanks for the post.

After factory reseting your device, I'd recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your device. Then once your device is set up, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krystyne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks but that didn’t work either. Any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Krystyne 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial/device number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ASURockRat

Link code

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3500X streaming stick. I am trying to get a link code.  I followed the directions to press (*) on the remote and then select new code, but pressing (*) did NOT work.  It appears that there is no support for this product.  Very frustrating.  Can you please explain to me how to get a link code for my Roku 3500X streaming stick.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Did you try a factory reset?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos