Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdunkley

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

I don't see my link code on the TV screen as required 

0 Kudos
TomEE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is dumb and unacceptable. I do not want to factory reset my TV and lose everything. Are you saying this is the only way to get a link code? All I want to do is connect up my computer to the TV - total pain to enter email addresses and infinitely long passwords via a remote.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TomEE wrote:

All I want to do is connect up my computer to the TV...

What are you trying to do?  You only need a link code to link a Roku device (console, TV, soundbar, etc.) to a Roku account.  There is no link code for a computer as you can't link it to a Roku account.  If you're trying to view your computer screen on your TV then a link code is not what you're looking for.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TomEE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm on the my.roku.com website, hoping to control, download, and configure Roku apps on my TV from my computer. So on the website it says: "Activate Device" as an action at the top of the screen, and when clicking on it, it says: "Please enter the link code displayed on your TV", so since my computer is on the same local network as the TV, I would think this is the means to connect to it? Am I mis-understanding this?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Forgive me for asking possibly stupid or insulting questions, but do you have a RokuTV or Roku device?  You only link a device once when you initially set it up.  Roku apps (or channels as Roku calls them) only work on a Roku device.  You can add them via the website, but that's the end of any computer involvement unless the channel has some sort of authentication required.  You have to reboot your Roku or check for updates to get them to show up on your RokuTV or Roku device.  You can watch The Roku Channel on a computer, but that's very different than having a Roku device.

0 Kudos
TomEE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV - no idea what a Roku device even is. As I said before, I want to enable Roku apps (i.e. channels) on my TV from my computer (ID/pwd entry, etc.).

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

So you want to control your RokuTV from your computer?  There's only so much you can do.  If you're wanting to enter a password that's asked for on your TV's screen or something similar using your computer's keyboard, then you need a remote control app of some sort.  I think there's a Windows 10 app; I know nothing about anything Apple.

Roku has apps for phones or tablets.

0 Kudos
Jqdj123

Re: DKK9-6L2R

Jump to solution

It's been 4 years and i still cant retrieve the link code. I've done exactly what they've instructed me to no avail. I refuse to do a factory reset because i am afraid i will not be able to install or setup any of my channels afterwards. 

The worst tv EVER! Will never buy anything roku related again. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: DKK9-6L2R

Jump to solution

@Jqdj123, I'm sorry, but you're not being clear.  If there are Roku channels on your TV then it is linked to some account.  What are you trying to do and don't say, "I'm trying to link my TV" or "I'm trying to retrieve the link code".  Those two things don't make any sense if you already have Roku channels on your TV.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I forgot the link code and I lost the book of my roku dv ?

0 Kudos