Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouLou1250

Roku activation link expired straight after receiving it

Jump to solution

Just bought a new Roku streaming player. When I click on the activation link it comes up as expired even though I’ve only just received the e-mail.

I’ve tried 2 different e-mail addresses. I’ve tried restarting the device and tried resetting the device. All the same, activation link expired within seconds.

All help appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku activation link expired straight after receiving it

Jump to solution

Greetings @LouLou1250 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding activating your Roku device.

We are aware of a service interruption impacting the activation of new Roku devices and other account services. If you are trying to activate a Roku device, we would recommending to please try again later.

Thanks for your patience as we manage this disruption.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jacqu_chris,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for informing us about the issue with activating your new Roku device and letting us know about the steps you've done to try to resolve the issue.

We're glad to inform you that we have successfully solved the issue and we would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with activating your Roku device.

Please keep us posted. We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @LouLou1250 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding activating your Roku device.

We are aware of a service interruption impacting the activation of new Roku devices and other account services. If you are trying to activate a Roku device, we would recommending to please try again later.

Thanks for your patience as we manage this disruption.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LouLou1250

Jump to solution

All sorted. Just got it to work. 🙂

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. What is the fix for this please? tried afactory reset on the tv, tried multiple email addresses all to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jacqu_chris,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for informing us about the issue with activating your new Roku device and letting us know about the steps you've done to try to resolve the issue.

We're glad to inform you that we have successfully solved the issue and we would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with activating your Roku device.

Please keep us posted. We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos