Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KittenHEAD11
Reel Rookie

IF U RECIEVE AN EMAIL from norply@company name.com DO NOT OPEN. DELETE ASAP. 

Im pairing a roku remote that was working 10mins prior when ....all of a sudden.. I got SMACKED UPSIDE MY HEAD so hard I heard my momma CRY out in pain...Now my TV's stuck on a some screen for the impaired with a voice-over. I guess criminals have my c c info but I locked that card  but I'm compromised. 

I'm curious what anyone has heard or knows about this I'm sure more ppl with this story. It's bs and I've seen @noreply BS before never knowing just suspecting...  hope it helps somebody dodge these fkks

Screenshot_20240714_182542_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240714_182534_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240714_182426_Gmail.jpg

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: From:ROKU•noreply@roku.com

I can't say if Roku ever uses noreply in any of their email messages. But you are correct that this was a complete scam. They most likely spoofed that email address, and the real email they used (likely just a scam mailbox somewhere) might be viewable in your email client.

Good reminder for all Roku users. There will NEVER be a charge to link or set up a new device. There will NEVER be a charge for customer support. Anyone claiming to be Roku and asking for payment is a crook. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Freddddddd

• Thanks for the reply... I couldn't get back into the acc I posted from and thats why no response, noreply@ or whomever scammed up all my shht.. email acc, the TV's stuck on a roku acc set up page... idk I'm annoyed 😒 couldn't even get back to the acc I posted this from😅😂 this internet shht gets goofy
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I searched my emails and have several emails from noreply@roku.com.  They were expected emails, they passed SPF and have valid DKIM signatures so I think they are fine.

Banned but back. Because why not?
KittenHEAD11
Reel Rookie

Your right, since the post I've watched some expected emails that I knew were legit/clean and some had the noreply@ and some did not and idk why but they were fine, I ran anti-virus spam checking for problems and the roku noreply@ emails checked out clean, there was a ton of other threats that could of been the problem I had. Im going to take down this post I its not done very well and the bad guy is actually not even bad ...he help fix my TV and were watching anime 😔.. thanks for the comment 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.