Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgeBR

Roku Stick in computer monitor without computer - options for sound

Hi all, some advice needed please!
I am using a Roku 4k stick in a computer monitor (Samsung F22T450FQR). This of course has no audio output. It does have a headphone socket on the back. What's the best way to add audio to this setup? (Without wearing headphones of course!) Is a small audio jack speaker the best way, or a small soundbar?
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stick in computer monitor without computer - options for sound

The audio output from the Streaming Stick is contained in the HDMI signal.  You can buy an HDMI audio extractor that will pass the video through to your monitor, and provide a separate audio output that you can then connect to whatever audio system you wish.

Amazon HDMI Audio Extractor page: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+audio+extractor+converter

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
KCPie

I split the headphone jack output into RCA. Then plug into my bose system sounds great. However, the Roku volume buttons are incapable of volume level adjustments. I end of using my enormous 1 1lb , 50 Button Bose remote, only utilizing the power button and volume rockers. Very inconvenient. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

There’s a large range of options: “computer speakers” (some have remotes, many do not), Roku -> AVR -> TV and speakers etc.  A lot really depends on your usage model.  Most computer stuff expects to be within arm’s reach and so isn’t designed to be driven by a remote control.  So, if you’re not within arm’s reach, you’ll want to pay attention to how things can be controlled.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos