Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roridad
Reel Rookie

Existing Roku Express+ Not Recognized

I have 3 streaming devices in my home. This morning when I opened up the existing Roku Express+ on my living room TV there were none of my chosen channels displayed. Instead, I had to go through the registration process again. Now my account shows two streaming devices in my living room with *different* serial numbers. The existing device, which worked fine yesterday, was initially linked to my account in 2019, The new device linked this morning, as I said, has a different serial number than the original. 

I presume I need to remove this new device from my account, as it is forcing me to reestablish log-ins to my streaming services. However, does anyone know why I could not open up the existing linked device that has worked fine for 4 years until this morning? Also, how did this process identify a different serial no. than existed previously? Will unplugging the device and waiting 10 seconds or so reestablish the connection to it? Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Existing Roku Express+ Not Recognized

Hi @roridad,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to take a closer look into this and see how we can get you up and running.

To better understand the issue you're running into. Could you please tell us more about this? How are you powering your device? Is it directly to a wall outlet or to a TV USB port?

We would also suggest performing a system restart on your device, as it could be possible that your device receives an update. Try restarting it from Settings>System>System restart.

Tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
roridad
Reel Rookie

Connected to the wall.  I did a system restart, which did not help.  I see the problem as being the serial number attached to the device.  It is not the one that has been associated with this device since I linked it to my account over four years ago (YG00FW517151).  Thus, last night it worked fine; this morning it had this new serial number (YT008F055682), so was not yet "activated."

I went ahead with the activation process for this device's serial number.  I was able to get my channel line up to appear, but now I have to log into each streaming channel as if it were the first time.

This doesn't make sense!

0 Kudos
Vriot
Reel Rookie

Same thing here. My Roku Express also has a new number. I am unable to use it at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vriot,

Thanks for letting us know.

We'd like to understand the issue you've been having with your device. Can you elaborate on your concern? Also, have you tried to check your Roku account through this website and manage the linked devices? Ultimately, a reset would mostly fix this concern.

Please inform us of your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.