Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling ARC and CEC settings on a Westinghouse TV

Jump to solution

Hi, My Westinghouse TV does not have a CEC nor ARC indicated on back of TV. Only HDMI. Can I activate a new Roku Streaming Stick 4K despite this? thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enabling arc and cec settings on a Westinghouse tv

Jump to solution

@Tonydelplato, CEC isn't generally noted on the back of TVs and ARC is mostly for sound bars.  You don't need either to connect a Roku device, stick or otherwise.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tonydelplato, CEC isn't generally noted on the back of TVs and ARC is mostly for sound bars.  You don't need either to connect a Roku device, stick or otherwise.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ipyramus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The TV volume control works on the roku remote, but not the on/off function. CEC controls are nonexistent on the TV or in the ROKU setup menu. Is there a solution

0 Kudos
ipyramus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The TV volume control works on the roku remote for the Westinghouse TV, but not the on/off function. CEC controls are nonexistent on the TV or in the ROKU setup menu. Is there a solution for enabling the on/off function and the volume function at the same time on the remote?

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ipyramus!

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your bringing up this power button issue with your remote, and we apologize for the inconvenience that is caused you. Let us take a closer look at this matter so that we can properly assess it for you. We would like to know if you have successfully set up your remote to control your TV. If not, please refer to our troubleshooting steps below.

• Navigate to Settings
  • Select Remotes & devices
  • Select Remotes followed by your remote
  • Select Set up remote for TV control

Setting up TV power and volume control - main settings page

• Follow the instructions provided through your TV screen.

If this has already been done, please let us know so we can provide further assistance.

Sincerly.
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.