Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinanni

adding a device back to my account

Jump to solution

i accidentally removed my bedroom roku tv from my account and i can't figure out how to add it again 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: adding a device back to my account

Jump to solution

Hi @cinanni,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know that you are having trouble adding your Roku TV to your Roku account again. I'm more than happy to provide you with further information.

Please refer to the post provided above by our Community Guru. This will help you go through the first step of adding your Roku TV back to your account. In addition, once you have factory reset your Roku TV and connected it back to the internet, you will be ready to activate it.

Use the steps below as you follow the on-screen instructions:

1. Once you see this on the screen: "Activate your Roku, enter your email address." Press OK on your remote to reveal the on-screen keyboard.
  2. Use your remote to type your email address and then select Continue. If you have a voice remote, you can press and hold the voice button and say your email address instead.
  3. If you have trouble receiving the activation link in your email, press on your remote and try again, or select Activate with a QR Code and use your phone's camera to scan the QR code.
  4. Once you open the activation link, either from the email or QR code, follow the instructions to create a free Roku account or log in to your existing account.

You must complete all steps on the website before returning to your Roku device. Once you have completed all steps on the website, you will see "Setup complete!" and your device will automatically start installing updates. Any streaming apps you selected will be installed, and after a few moments, your device will be ready to use.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You will probably need to factory reset the device and set it back up again. If you can access the menus, you can do it through that. Otherwise, there are some physical factory reset options:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cinanni,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know that you are having trouble adding your Roku TV to your Roku account again. I'm more than happy to provide you with further information.

Please refer to the post provided above by our Community Guru. This will help you go through the first step of adding your Roku TV back to your account. In addition, once you have factory reset your Roku TV and connected it back to the internet, you will be ready to activate it.

Use the steps below as you follow the on-screen instructions:

1. Once you see this on the screen: "Activate your Roku, enter your email address." Press OK on your remote to reveal the on-screen keyboard.
  2. Use your remote to type your email address and then select Continue. If you have a voice remote, you can press and hold the voice button and say your email address instead.
  3. If you have trouble receiving the activation link in your email, press on your remote and try again, or select Activate with a QR Code and use your phone's camera to scan the QR code.
  4. Once you open the activation link, either from the email or QR code, follow the instructions to create a free Roku account or log in to your existing account.

You must complete all steps on the website before returning to your Roku device. Once you have completed all steps on the website, you will see "Setup complete!" and your device will automatically start installing updates. Any streaming apps you selected will be installed, and after a few moments, your device will be ready to use.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.