Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badbear7
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

When I get to the screen that says activate your Roku player none of the remote buttons will take me down to the bottom of the screen where it says enter your email address I have a Roku account I just opened it but if I can't get down to the enter your email address I can't proceed any further

0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@moderator

I sent a PM prior to posting a reply here. You PM'd me and said you would pass it to support. I haven't heard from the support team yet. It would be helpful if I had an email address to re-send the device information (which was included in the original PM).

0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@badbear7 

This topic pertains to people who have entered their email but the activation link email never shows up. You appear to have a different situation. Try unplugging the ROKU for awhile and removing the batteries in the remote to re-pair it. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset on the ROKU. If it still doesn't work you may have a defective remote, in which case you may wish to exchange your ROKU.

0 Kudos
kenirons

Re: I didn't receive an Activation Code email.

Jump to solution

I have tried multiple times for the past week to activate our Roku Express. I have the account set up online to our email, but have yet to receive an activation email. Nothing. What do I need to do? It is not in our spam, other, or any folder and have tried multiple email addresses and re connected and reset the device. HELP.

0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I was told a week ago after I followed the moderator's suggestion to send a PM that support would reach out to help me resolve the fact that my activation link never shows up (even searching my inbox fails to produce the missing email). Support never acknowledged my issue (not even an auto-response). Spouse got on a support Chat, but was given no solution apart from using an email address not previously associated with a ROKU account. For new ROKU users this probably the best approach. For existing account holders, however, it's a headache: Splitting up one's account will occur if you activate a new device on another email (for which you will be forced to input a payment method), even if your plan is to change the email address back to the one tied with your original account post activation.

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that ROKU must have a security breach and these accounts are essentially locked — which is why it is not possible to add a new device. They won't reset our accounts as we might expect because they haven't resolved the problem. I can't come up with any other reasonable explanation for failure to reset existing users' accounts to enable the activation link emails to begin working again. There are now hundreds of posts dealing with this no-show activation link problem. If it were a glitch with the activation server, one would expect to see a simple message "We are currently working to resolve an activation-server outage. Thank you for your patience". Because there is no statement about why this has impacted so many customers, I can only conclude it must be a liability issue for them to admit that accounts have been locked for security reasons.

ROKU needs to come clean and explain why they are risking that hundreds, if not thousands, of these ROKU units end up returned to stores because customers cannot activate them.

Jump to solution

Danny,   I have received the link emails even though at times set up says it can't get through on the email.  Ive' used the link codes  and the email links to complete the inputs all the way through to the DONE screen.  but the tv screen fails to update.  Help!   Happy New Year!  
BTW   Sent a PM as well.  I'll post my email addy in the PM
Don

0 Kudos

Re: Email Activation link issues

Jump to solution

Hi I am not getting a code sent to my email.  How do I get this thing to work?Thanks

0 Kudos
Camdosall
Reel Rookie

cannot activate

Jump to solution

my new device will not send an activation email to my existing account. I tried my work email as a test and it went through but I cannot activate the device on my work email account so I don’t know what to do next. Please help cause Amazon wants me to cover the return shipping cost on this item so I would like to try one more time to get it working. Please help

0 Kudos
HillieF

Not receiving activation email

Jump to solution

I have gone through this multiple times.  Entered my email, waited and waited, never receiving an email.  Resetting the roku premiere box, and re-entering my email and waiting for the activation email which nicer comes.  Resetting the box and trying again...

I saw similar posts with someone saying people should direct message him, although I see no contact I formation for him.

This is infuriating.  No chat options?  I am very unhappy so far, and about the short Roku's stock if this doesn't get resolved.

0 Kudos
SB_85
Reel Rookie

Still haven't received the activation email

Jump to solution

I've read other similar topics and tried multiple times, but I still haven't received the activation email so I'm unable to use it. @RokuDanny-R can you please help? Is the server down or do I just have to keep trying to send the email? I have the roku premiere.

0 Kudos