Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Still haven't received the activation email

Jump to solution

Hi

Please try to look in your JUNK folder - sometimes the activation email goes into that folder. 

0 Kudos
SB_85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. I've been checking there, but unfortunately it isn't there either.

0 Kudos
RC34

Jump to solution

Same here. WTF please help!

0 Kudos
jvuk

Jump to solution

I had the same issue yesterday and tried, unsuccessfully, for hours to activate a new device to my existing Roku account.  

I was able to get it activated this morning by doing the following:

Factory reset my new device and started the set up process again.  

This time when setting up, I used my iPhone hotspot as the WiFi connection.

I got to the send email activation, didn't receive the email (same issue as yesterday), but this time I disconnected the hotspot connection during the time I was waiting for an email.  

The Roku detected it, asked if I'd like to reconnect, which I did, and then it asked if I would like to activate the device with a link or resend the email.  I chose the link and was able to set it up successfully.

I then went back in and connected to my regular home WiFi.

I understand how frustrating this is, and hope this works for you!

0 Kudos
threeamigos
Reel Rookie

Re: Not sending activation email

Jump to solution

Is the server down again? We've requested the activation email several times and have not gotten it (yes, I checked spam).

0 Kudos
rebelcurt

Not getting email link to hook up roku premier stick

Jump to solution

I just brought a roku premiere streaming stick.it doesn’t sense a link to set it up.

0 Kudos

Re: Not sending activation email

Jump to solution

Same problem - very disappointed. From the threads this issue seems rampant and repetitive for many users of the ultra.  

how do we fix @RokuDanny-R ?????

0 Kudos
Peewee51

Re: Activation code not generating

Jump to solution

I cannot get my activation code through email. I have restarted numerous times, rebooted my computer system, check email, junk email. 

I chatted with a rep yesterday that said something was wrong with Amazon Cloud (something like that) wasn't working. I still can't get an email today.

0 Kudos
Smcooper
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I have tried 2 different roku devises. First a streaming stick then a new TV. I've got another Roku Tv that I've been using for more than two years. I have the new TV hooked up and have gone through the wireless routine when the message says the TV will upload the software and restart and then Ican link my account. Problem is no link code comes up it just recircles back to the original wireless page

0 Kudos
Jtrue45

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

How do I send you a private message for assistance?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.