Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RL2024

BBC American App not working

Just loaded fresh for the first time the BBC America app for Roku Streaming Stick.

It gives a 504 internet connection error when trying to play a program.

All other channels on Roku are playing fine.

Yes, I rebooted the Roku stick.

Yes, I signed up for a BBC America account.

There have been posts from May 2024 on this forum about the same issue from multiple users with the same problem. So for 3 months this app has been broken.

Someone at Roku or BBC America needs to fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: BBC American App not working

@RL2024 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with getting on BBC America. My Parents live Britbox and am a fan of BBC America as well. I've run into the 504 Error Code in the past put not on BBC America and it can be annoying.

When I've received the error code I usually think my internet connection is unstable or the site or streaming channel's servers are down. Since you mentioned all the other channels are working fineI wonder if it's on the BBC America side of thing.

You could give it a little time and see if it's working later today but it sounds like you saw a post from May regarding the same issue people were having. I wonder if it's not been working the entire 3 months but if it's been spotty and BBC Americas servers are the cause.

You could also check to see if BBC America is down for you or everyone. If it's down for everyone, there's not much you can do but if it seems to be happening to just you, you can keep troubleshooting. Hopefully the post you made will help to see too see if other people are having the same issue.

That's all I got. I wish I had a clear answer for you and a way to fix the problem. Keep the board posted though. I'm curious myself.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.