Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyTran

Cannot cast Netflix from Iphone on Roku express

I can mirror my iphone with roku express perfectly and can cast everything such as youtube, other apps to my big TV screen (Phillips) via airplay with Roku express except only Netflix. When i access to Netflix on my iphone i can also see it on TV (the page where u can choose the movie you want) but when i press to play any specific movie on my iphone to cast it to my big tv screen, my iphone always shows the message as attached screenshot while my TV to which the roku expess connected to dont show anything. However if i just watch that movie on my iphone without mirroring/casting to Tv via rokun airplay then everything is normal and i can watch that movie all over my iphone screen. Anyone encountered the same problem pls advise me? Many thanks!

IMG_5134.png

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot cast Netflix from Iphone on Roku express

Hi @DannyTran,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We have noticed that you are receiving error code 11819 when attempting to cast on your Roku device. We appreciate the additional details provided. This issue suggests that the information stored on your device may need to be refreshed, as recommended by Netflix support. We kindly suggest trying the troubleshooting steps provided by them to see if the issue can be resolved here: Netflix Error -11819

As a workaround, you can also check this support article on how to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV.

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.