Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob28
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation of Roku Express 4k

Jump to solution

Hi

I have done that numerous times.. The issue is on your end, just look at all the complaints for the same thing. 

I have rebooted my network numerous times because the roku support page says do that. Which everyone says doesnt work. 

Can you fix this or not?????, its been 3 days of roku **bleep**

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Some have reported that trying a simple Gmail address works.  No special characters.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Bob28

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. 

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Marshalls

Re: Activation and link to Roku account

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I tried to do a factory reset and it won't let me. I've spent 9 hours with representatives trying  to fix this

0 Kudos
Marshalls

Jump to solution

I tried to do a factory reset of my Roku2 streaming player XD. Model#3050R. I know it's old, but I don't understand why it will not work when I tried to put in the code it won't do anything but take me back to the "Let's Get Started Screen" ....What's the deal? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Marshalls,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
boni_1983

Jump to solution

It appears you guys are blacklisted with gmail.

I've tried many gmail email addresses. I do not receive an activation email. I also do not receive an email when registering a Roku account.

I had to change my email address to my company non gmail email, then I received emails. 

0 Kudos