Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacksh
Reel Rookie

iOS app and remote control volume

Jump to solution

Can you describe how to access the sound controls in the Roku mobile app? I have an Ultra and do not see volume controls in the iOS app. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: iOS app and remote control volume

Jump to solution

Hi @Jacksh 

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are reporting with volume control when using the Roku mobile app.

Please be aware that when using the Roku mobile app connected to a Roku device, you will not have the capability of controlling the volume.

If you have another inquiry that you need assistance with in the future, please don't hesitate in posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Jacksh 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry of controlling the volume with the Roku Mobile app.

Within the Roku Mobile app, if you select the option for Remote when connected to your Roku device, do you see the options to change the volume? 

Please keep us posted what you are seeing on the Roku Mobile app if you are still experiencing an issue, and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jacksh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

thanks for responding. I do not see an option to change the volume in my iOS Roku app. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jacksh 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are seeing with your Roku mobile app.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the Roku mobile app when it is connected to your Roku Ultra and you select the remote option? In addition, can you please provide us with the Roku mobile app version on your phone along with the brand, model and OS that your mobile device is using?

Once we have that information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jacksh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

here are the screen shots. 

F8171F16-924B-4CD1-BC73-D0E13D9F91FB.jpeg

97A8433A-AF8C-4C45-AC01-1197C5C6ED04.png

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jacksh 

Thanks for getting back to us with the requested information. 

We appreciate you assisting us so we can better understand what you are seeing. 

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jacksh 

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are reporting with volume control when using the Roku mobile app.

Please be aware that when using the Roku mobile app connected to a Roku device, you will not have the capability of controlling the volume.

If you have another inquiry that you need assistance with in the future, please don't hesitate in posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gwenreid

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
hap1

Jump to solution

Please fix this iOS Roku app issue. J want to control the volume from my phone. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @hap1

A warm greetings from the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to collect more details about this for us to better assist. May we know what specific Roku device you're having issues with? Also, have you tried uninstalling and installing the Roku mobile to test if you notice any difference?

Please keep us posted, and we'll further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos