Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: iOS App issues with keyboard

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Heyd0_!

Thanks for raising your concern regarding this matter. 

We'd be willing to request additional reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team to review your concern further and provide an accurate resolution.

Since every device is built differently, kindly provide the information below so we can identify the source of the problem effectively:

• Mobile device brand, model, OS version, and current build of the Roku mobile app
  • Roku streaming player the mobile app was connected to
  • Specific troubleshooting methods to try and resolve the issue
  • Photo or screenshot of the troubled keyboard

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robcan

i started having this keyboard problem today. after searching and finding no resolution, i restarted my Roku device (Hisense Roku TV), it said it was finishing an update. after restart was completed, phone app started to work properly.  hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Sandraw

I am having exactly the same problem and the app is now useless. Why is there no solution to this yet. I am using version 9.10.1 on an iPhone 12 running iOS 17.2.1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting my phone, help please

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Sandraw,

We're thrilled to have you with us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're happy to help.

• Where on the app does this occur?
  • If possible, video and/or picture of the issue:
  • Does signing out of the account and going back in fix it?

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and app updates.

1. Press Home home button on your Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If there is new software available or there are updates for your apps, then your Roku device will download and install them automatically, and once completed, your device will reboot.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos