Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to change networks with roku app

Jump to solution

i am trying to connect my roku to my roku app remote but i’m using a different wifi than before and it isn’t allowing me to (i don’t have roku remote i am using the app) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: i want to change networks with roku app

Jump to solution

Hello @preciouswho

We appreciate your contact!

Roku devices can be controlled via an app on a phone or tablet. But such a device would have to be connected to the same network as the Roku. 

However, if there are any changes on the network (SSID and password), you will need a physical remote in order to input your new password and connect to a new wireless network. For US customers, you can check out replacement remotes in our accessories store here 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: i want to change networks with roku app

Jump to solution

Hello @preciouswho

We appreciate your contact!

Roku devices can be controlled via an app on a phone or tablet. But such a device would have to be connected to the same network as the Roku. 

However, if there are any changes on the network (SSID and password), you will need a physical remote in order to input your new password and connect to a new wireless network. For US customers, you can check out replacement remotes in our accessories store here 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos