Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LetsF99ckingGo
Reel Rookie

Roku Mobile App does not find my Roku

Jump to solution

Same jssue. Tried all the steps. IPs ate in range but app will not find roku stick. This is all of a sudden - never had an issue before. Same phone. Same TV and stick. Rebooted everything. Uninstalled and reinstalled app. Android app will just not work. Please help. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: App does not find my Roku

Jump to solution

Hi Y2DJ,

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We recommend that you try restarting your wireless network, and then rebooting both your device and mobile app. 

For other troubleshooting steps to connect the Roku Mobile app to your device please visit our Support page: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Regards, 
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LetsF99ckingGo

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing when connecting your Roku mobile app to your Roku device. If your Roku device is missing from the discovery screen, check that your phone or tablet is configured properly.

• Is your phone or tablet connected to the correct Wi-Fi network? 
  • Are you using an Apple mobile device? Is your Apple device permitted to access other devices over Wi-Fi? If you have an iPhone or iPad and it is running iOS 14 or higher, you must grant "Local Network" access to allow the Roku mobile app to see and connect with your Roku device
  • Is your mobile device connected to a VPN? 

For detailed information about this, you can visit our support page: How to connect the Roku mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
LetsF99ckingGo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As advised, I have completed all the troubleshooting steps listed and the threads, on the website, from the app. Wi-Fi is connected properly my phone connects to other apps on the TV, it is the Roku app. Something is wrong, there is a bug in a Roku app or sodtware linking to device. I understand serious troubleshooting is required, but I have completed all the troubleshooting steps listed in the thread, reddit, xfinity threads, samsung threads, android etc. Everything. It used to work fine. It doesn't now.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LetsF99ckingGo

Thanks for the update. May we ask what Roku model devices are you using? What brand, model, and OS is your mobile device? Has there any changes made recently that might be causing unable to detect your Roku device? 

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Mobile App not finding device ** SOLVED **

Jump to solution

I suffered with this problem for months. I took my roku on vacation, and the mobile app did see it. So I figured the problem was on my network router, and I went down the rabbit hole looking to enable AP/WIFI isolation. This did not fix anything and it actually took my wifi cameras offline. When I disabled it again. I still had the problem. Thats when I noticed that the setting was in two places. 2.4 Ghz and 5 ghz. Disabling the setting on both wifi networks solved my issues and I can now see all of my devices. I have a ASUS and I followed this post https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1044821/ to enable it and then disable it. The post shows 2.4 band. After disabling here, switch band (top of selections) to 5 and disable it there. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Mervbentley
Reel Rookie

Re: Mobile app cannot find connected devices

Jump to solution

How do I get help…I was just using the roku app on my ipad yesterday and today it can’t find my device.  I tried unplugging, checking wireless network,  deleted and reinstalled the app on my ipad, manually tried install and nothing. Please help..I need the private listening for my morning fix of streaming..:)

0 Kudos
Y2DJ

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Samsung s21 ultra with the latest App.  Hisense TV 6serues-65

Software version 11.5.0 build 4e12-ch.

Please help.  I unplugged the tv a week ago and plugged it back in.  Then after a day it stopped working again.

0 Kudos
Jasonsny20
Reel Rookie

Re: Mobile app cannot find connected devices

Jump to solution

The fix I found for my problem as Roku was no help at all was to to a network rest on my router. I have Verizon Fios so in the Fios app on my phone there is a button to restart the network. That fixes it every time. I now just do it every month as it also boosts the speed on my devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Y2DJ,

We recommend that you try restarting your wireless network, and then rebooting both your device and mobile app. 

For other troubleshooting steps to connect the Roku Mobile app to your device please visit our Support page: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Regards, 
Karla

0 Kudos