Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cassil
Reel Rookie

When did they remove the search function from the app?

Jump to solution

Version 10.1.2.3299476. The latest Android release.

It's also missing for me. This totally destroyed this app! I used to be able to search for Winnie the Pooh for instance and launch a show from Disney Plus for my kids from the other room.

Now it's just a glorified remote that I need to be in front of the TV to use.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cassil
Reel Rookie

Re: When did they remove the search function from the app?

Jump to solution

It resolved only after I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and signed back in.

Someone responded to me with this suggestion and I can't find their response. But thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@cassil,

Thanks for the update!

We'll share this with the appropriate Roku team for further review. 

We'll make sure to get back on this thread and let you know of any updates about this.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sarcoid

Roku remote app search button is gone

Jump to solution

I keep losing my remote for my Westinghouse Roku TV so I now just use the Roku app as my remote. Up until very recently (two weeks, maybe) there was a search button with a magnifying glass icon to the left keyboard and settings buttons and under the row containing the exit, device selection, and power buttons. It's not the end of the world, but I did find that button useful. Did it get removed in an update, or did I do something to disable it?

Oh yeah, there is another button missing, but I can't remember what it was. On the very bottom row, there is a button for remote and recent apps. There was a third one that went away at the same time as the search button.

I appreciate any and all help.

Thank you,

Giovanni

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote app search button is gone

Jump to solution

Maybe in your country search feature is not available.

Just use your roku phone app.

0 Kudos
cassil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It resolved only after I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and signed back in.

Someone responded to me with this suggestion and I can't find their response. But thanks!