Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

Hi @allenroberts,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem of being unable to sign in. We would be delighted to help you further. Have you tried to change the password of your Roku account and see if that will fix the issue? Please double-check if you are entering the correct credentials.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

Read the fist post again. I changed the password multiple times and can log into the web portal. 

0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

@allenroberts Copied from the first post. 

I've been working in mobile app development for the last 8 years, and have had my fair share of rolls as a QA, BA, Team Leader and Scrum Master. When I install your Roku app from the Google Play Store, and try and authenticate using my credentials, I cannot get past the modal "Unable to sign in, The email  address or password provided does not match our records"

Let me tell you what I've done to get past the issue and what I am using, maybe that will make it easier. 

OnePlus8T KB2005, Android 13 running the December 5th 2023 Security Update, I have a T-Mobile and AT&T SIM and connected to WiFi. 

1. Ensured I'm on a solid WiFi or mobile data connection, I've tried with just WiFi (mobile data off), and just Mobile Data for both T-Mobile and AT&T. 

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app

3. Force quit and cleared cache multiple times

4. Ensured that I am not using a DNS or other personalized network configurations

5. Logged into the my.roku.com account with the same credentials for the mobile app, using a web browser on my device. 

6. Changed the default browser app on my device to Google Chrome (just a guess, but it appears your authentication is using a web wrapper)

7. Changed the default browser app on my device to stock Android

8. Changed my password (more than 1 time)

9. Changed the email address on my account

0 Kudos
fixitplz

This is happening with my parent's Roku app also. As with others, it is possible to sign in to their account on the Roku website. Changed the email/password, cleared cache, un/reinstalled app, etc.

Phone is Motorola (moto g power) 2022.

I don't have a screenshot, but the message is that the email or address does not match our records.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @fixitplz!

We appreciate you bringing up the issue you encountered with the Roku mobile app. 

In addition to the information, you've provided could you also provide us with the details below?

• Roku mobile app software version
  • Mobile device Android version

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ljc310
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue trying to log in on a new tablet.  The tablet is an android 13.  I have not had a problem with my ROKU device.  And I can log in and reach this community, etc through the roku website on my computer.  I have also logged in to the ROKU app on my Samsung S22 ultra phone.  I had no problems with that.  It's showing the same app version that I just installed on my new tablet.  The ROKU app is version 10.1.0.3169671, which says it is the latest version.  This is the version on both devices.  It is possible that I actually logged into the app on my phone before an app update and that is why it works..... I don't know.  But I get the same 'unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records' as the other people are reporting.  It looks as though people have been trying to get this fixed for months..... I would think your developers or whoever would have this corrected by now.  Before this issue, I had no problems with the service from ROKU.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ljc310,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you by making you unable to log in to your Roku app using your new tablet. Would you mind sharing with us the brand of tablet you are using? Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ljc310
Reel Rookie

When I turn on the tablet it has Relndoo.  But since so many others are having the same issue, I don't think that matters. 

0 Kudos
ljc310
Reel Rookie

Well, I don't know if support doesn't care that customers cannot log in.  Or they absolutely cannot find out why and don't want to tell us.  I haven't seen any positive results for anyone.  I thought I wanted to stream ROKU service on my tablet.  Was working on my phone, but haven't tried it in a few days - again same app version and I have given phone and tablet data in previous posts.  Maybe nothing can stream now. Or maybe ROKU wants it that way.  Months with no result make it seem that way.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ljc310 

Try going to your online dashboard at https://www.roku.com/ and try changing your password.  If you cannot login to your dashboard, select "forgot password" and proceed to change it that way. (will send you a link to your email that you use for your Roku account).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos