Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

Hi, Community users!

It has come to our attention that you are having problems with accessing the Roku Mobile App on your mobile phones and have been offered troubleshooting methods to no avail. 

In this instance, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further review and find you the best resolution possible. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can investigate your devices:

• Model of your mobile phone & OS version:
  • Roku Mobile App version:
  • Error message (if prompted):
  • Screenshot (if possible):

Please take note of those who already provided this information, kindly disregard them as we have already collected those. We'll be looking forward to your responses! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Josh68
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

Please re-read the OP. All of the information you requested is in there. I have exactly the same phone and software versions as @UrbanCowboy 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Josh68!

This has already been acknowledged and included in the investigation. 

Once we've been notified of new information regarding this matter, we will make sure to let the Community know.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Josh68
Binge Watcher

Thank you. It's a mystery to me why your web authentication system seems completely reliable but the app has so many issues with it.

Sonza1
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem using a Pixel C tablet running android 13. It was working fine until the last "update". If I download the previous version and install it (which was working fine), the program now insists on installing the update before getting to the email and password portion of the install. It used to do the full install and then advise you of the available update, but now it checks for the update and forces the update first, then fails to log in.  As a side note it will not let you create a new account either.  This is only on the android app, I also can log in via chrome just fine.  Grrrrr

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sonza1,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku mobile app. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuCarly provided above?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

I posted this on January 12th with all kinds of details about the make, model, OS version, app version, troubleshooting methods, and all I have heard is "thanks for posting this" "we'll pass this along" "what kind of phone/app version do you have".

I'm sorry but I can't believe any of the responses from the Roku team. Over and over again I was asked the same exact questions or told it would be passed along and looked at.

I gave up. I advise the other people on this thread to do the same. There are plenty of other 3rd party apps out there that do almost the same thing as the Roku app, and they actually work. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @UrbanCowboy,

Thank you for the post!

We want to confirm to you that we have already escalated all of your information to the appropriate Roku team, and this has already been taken care of.

Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Josh68
Binge Watcher

This will be taken care of when you fix the app. I just followed instructions on another thread to install version 9.1.0.1762787 from April 2023 (switching to airplane mode on initial startup to prevent the app from trying to force me to upgrade), and login works on this version.

How about investigating using an embedded webview in the app to handle login? Web login has always worked, as it just did for me signing into the community forums

0 Kudos

this is happening to me too

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.