Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chave

Streaming device does not show up

Jump to solution

Previously purchased and installed  but recently moved and reconnected device but doesn’t work. It is connected to tv but won’t connect to my phone for the remote. I don’t have a remote for it so I can’t even connect manually. On the Roku app it doesn’t appear and if I try to add it Roku Home app doesn’t give me that option. It does appear on the website as one of my devices but no where else. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming device does not show up

Jump to solution

It's likely not on the same network, or not really connected to a local network. You can find remotes at places like Walmart and similar. If it's NOT a stick model, you can use a basic universal remote from many brands. If it is a stick, you need to use a real Roku remote. Hopefully you can pair it without having an existing remote, or without having to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming device does not show up

Jump to solution

It's likely not on the same network, or not really connected to a local network. You can find remotes at places like Walmart and similar. If it's NOT a stick model, you can use a basic universal remote from many brands. If it is a stick, you need to use a real Roku remote. Hopefully you can pair it without having an existing remote, or without having to do a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.