Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Mobile app on iOS 16 unable to find devices

Danny

As previously stated, “Using Roku Mobile app on my Android phone, I’m able to see all 5 devices.  Only see 3 devices using Apple iOS 16.

All are wireless connection”

yes all devices are connected to the same network.  The network is a eero mesh network with 3 units.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mac0730 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you experiencing.

Letting us know that you have a mesh network is good to know. If you move the Roku device and the mobile device you are using closer to the main hub/wireless router, are you still seeing the issue occur with not being able to find the Roku device?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to continue assist you. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

Try going to Settings / Network / Check Connection on your missing Roku. After running it, check to see if the mobile app sees your device. I'm using the app on Android with a TCL Roku TV and a Roku Express+. As soon as I ran Check Connection, all of my devices appeared in the app. Nothing else worked until I did this. 

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Danny

i will try the moving closer to router, but it requires rewriting the network.  Have to move it.  

I would try adding manually, but the iPad Roku mobile app when I click on the “Get Help”.  Go to Home Screen.  Is this a bug in the app?  How do I add manually?

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Danny

i retired to move the router nearer to one of the TV having the issue.  The router is about 3 feet from the Roku device ( TV is wall mounted, router is on table below TV).  Still didn’t find the Roku device.

Would be nice if I could try doing manual connection, but iPad Roku app is broken.  When I click on “Get Help”, goes to Home Screen of iPad.

how do I get my 2 missing devices add to the Roku Mobile app?

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Mac0730

Thanks for following up. 

We understand that you've gone through some troubleshooting steps but still, no resolves and we appreciate your effort. To clarify, have you tried doing the suggested step posted by @Poppy2 and see if it helps? 

You may also try restart once more the affected Roku device and the Roku mobile app to see if you can pass the Get help? page and connect to your Roku device manually. 

If all above doesn't work, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku devices from Settings > System > About? We'll be able to assist you further from there.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Steps that I have taken to resolve the issues;

1. Reset the connection on device and internet wireless connection.

2. Factory reset device

3. Rebooted Router.

4. Rebooted router and modem.

5. Moved and rewired location of router and modem to be 3 feet from device with issue.

How do I send serial number,  don’t want to post in a public forum?

I am having the same issues as this with all my Rokus. I can add manually but will not find automatic.  Cannot connect Bluetooth 

does not matter how close they are to the router. Same issue on iPad and iPhones. I have tried all the same trouble shooting as described 

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Picture of Roku Mobile app devices and picture from a different app for Roku.  The official app is missing 2 devices.  

Roku Mobile appRoku Mobile appRemote for Roku MobileRemote for Roku Mobile

Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Danny or Nimfa

any solution to my last 2 posts?

0 Kudos