Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whovicon
Reel Rookie

Roku iPhone app stuck on loadscreen

Jump to solution

I’ve been using the Roku mobile app as a remote from my iPhone. But now it won’t work, the mobile app itself just gets stuck on the load screen forever. I’ve deleted and reinstalled multiple times for varying lengths of time, and it still doesn’t work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gherritz

Re: Roku iPhone app stuck on loadscreen

Jump to solution

I just got my wife’s new I phone 14 to work by going to the roku app settings and unchecking the box for enabling cellular data.  I compared the settings on my Iphone 12 with settings for her Iphone 14 and that was the one thing that was changed. Don’t know why it works but it does, so far.

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71
ilikemyrealname
Reel Rookie

iPhone iOS Roku mobile app fails to open

Jump to solution

I've had to re-install this app nearly every time I want to open it. Otherwise I'll be stuck at the purple Roku splash screen indefinitely. I figured out that instead of completely uninstalling, it's better to just offload the app. This way you can re-download it just by clicking the icon and you won't have to go through the setup process over and over again. It's the best workaround I can figure out until Roku finally addresses this issue. 

0 Kudos
tajweeny

Jump to solution

My app has stopped working as well, I get stuck on a blank purple loading screen.. everything is updated 😕

monopus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same, please fix roku...

1uvqngel

Jump to solution

I’m going crazy 

Gherritz

Jump to solution

I just got my wife’s new I phone 14 to work by going to the roku app settings and unchecking the box for enabling cellular data.  I compared the settings on my Iphone 12 with settings for her Iphone 14 and that was the one thing that was changed. Don’t know why it works but it does, so far.

Whovicon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still doesn’t work for my 7 😞

edit: it’s working now!:)

AGop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue. IPhone iOS 15.x 

It started recently with not connecting to my Roku 4k. Uninstalled and after re install stuck on loading screen. 

Gatnus
Channel Surfer

Roku IOS App fails on start

Jump to solution

For the past week or so, when I load the Roku app on my phone, I get a "Something went wrong" error.  I've tried deleting and re-installing the app, but that did not help.  Any ideas?

IMG_1352.jpg

BeePass23
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku IOS App fails on start

Jump to solution

Literally, having the same issue