Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Roku Mobile app on iOS 16 unable to find devices

I have 5 Roku devices.  When using the Roku Mobile app on my iPad, it find 3 devices.  They are all on the same network (Mesh Network).  I performed both Network & System Restart and the devices that are missing.  Still not finding. Unable to add manually in the iPad version of the Roku app.

How do I find the 2 missing devices?  

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Mobile app on iOS 16 unable to find devices

Hi @Mac0730,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with the Roku mobile app not being able to find your Roku devices and we appreciate your letting us know all the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

If the issue still persists, we recommend checking the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to install the Roku mobile app | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

Performed the tasks stated in the articles.  Still have the issue.  The 2 devices that are not connecting are 3820R2 and 3811X.  Software version is 11.5.0 build 4312-50
In the Roku Mobile app on iPad under iOS 16.3.1, when selecting the “Get Help ?” To manually enter IP address, just goes back to Home Screen.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mac0730,

Thanks for following up.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. What is the IPad model?
  2. What version is the Roku mobile app
  3. How far are these Roku devices that are undetected from the wireless router?
  4. How far are the Roku devices that the iPad detects the devices from the router?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with the Roku mobile app issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

iPad model MPF12LL/A IPad Pro (10.5 inch)

Roku Mobile version 8.11.1.1

i have a mesh network.  1 device is next to mesh unit, the other is above the unit with a wood floor separating.

Both of these devices were connected during January and beginning of February.  Lost connections and haven’t been able to reconnect

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mac0730,

Thanks for the quick response. 

We would like to make sure that we already performed all the possible troubleshooting steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Could you please move the affected Roku devices closer to the router or if possible an alternative network to see and isolate the issue?

In addition, If the behavior continues, review the additional suggestions on How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi® | Official Roku Support

If these steps still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku devices and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mac0730
Binge Watcher

1. Using Roku Mobile app on my Android phone, I’m able to see all 5 devices.  Only see 3 devices using Apple iOS 16.

All are wireless connection

2.  Remove not found device from TV, plugged into another TV closer to router (there is a mesh hub next to this TV).  Device was found

3.  Using devices from other TV, plugged into TV.  Device not found.  There is a mesh hub next to the TV

Also, unable to use “Get Help” on iPad.  When clicked on it, returns to home screen.

I believe there are at least 2 issues with the mobile app on the iPad.  Not finding all devices on unable to add manually.

0 Kudos
jellis
Channel Surfer

I’m having a problem. My mobile devices using the Roku app can’t find my TV. Everything was working fine until today is suddenly stop. Mobile app so I can use my earphones. Hope they can fix it.

0 Kudos
jellis
Channel Surfer

Forgot to mention it is locating other tvs that are not mine, but not my Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mac0730 @jajellis 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with a Roku mobile device not finding your Roku devices.

Are you making sure that the mobile device that you are using the Roku mobile app with is on the same wireless network and frequency that your Roku device is using?

Please keep us posted with that information and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos